The high waist trend continues to sizzle this spring/summer season. Many fashion designers recreated the high waist trend. They brought back the retro movement this season. This trend is nostalgic about the past trends of the '50s.
The high waist skirt is popular among fashionistas because it is flattering and versatile. It proves to be an adaptable clothing piece in your wardrobe. The trend comes in various styles, including: pencil skirts, A-line skirts and the full high waist skirt. The key element in a high waist skirt is the waistline. It comes with a stiff fabric that instantly creates a slimming effect. The high waist trend allows you to work on other trends. It's a great piece that can be worn by anyone.
High Waist Pencil Skirt
High Waist Puff Skirt
How to wear:
- To create a stylish outfit, choose a high waist skirt that suits your body type. There are a lot of spring/summer trends that you can incorporate with the high waist skirt trend. If you want to look sexy, team it up with some cropped tops. This is the hottest look for the season. Dolce & Gabbana featured the cropped top and high waist skirt combo in their runway show.
- Wear a loose top, high waist skirt and a blazer. This look is probably the most popular variation to the high waist trend.
- Mix and match bold colors for a fun outfit. Try wearing a color block ensemble for a chic and posh look.
- High waist skirts can be paired with any top. You can pair it with a simple tank top for a casual look. The high waist skirt doesn't need to be paired with button downs and dressy tops.
- High waist skirts are best paired with high heels. It creates a slimming illusion.
High Waist Skirt
Tips to remember:
- High waist skirts look great on petite women. It elongates the legs making them look taller. Wear a high waist pencil skirt paired with high heels and a sexy top.
- High waist skirts can be worn by curvy women. A statement belt can be added for a slimming effect.
- High waist skirts are perfect for women with athletic figure. Wear a corset type skirt to create some curves.
- The high waist skirt is a perfect piece for summer. You can experiment with this trend to create a look that suits your personality. This is one remarkable trend that would continue to create a buzz in the fashion scene.
- 06/05/2012 16:40 - Cherokee Women's White Lab Coat
- 23/04/2012 01:15 - Chaser T-Shirts Evolve to Women's Clothing Collection
- 25/03/2012 13:25 - Camilla and Marc Clothing
- 19/03/2012 15:51 - C. Luce Clothing, Dresses, C. Luce fashion trends 2012
- 19/03/2012 15:28 - C&C California Clothing Spring Summer 2012
- 13/03/2012 15:57 - Briggs Clothing, Briggs Clothing Collection 2012