"It’s time to be bold” Miuccia Prada said and sent her beauties down the runway wearing colorful sun frocks, stripy suits, extraordinary bright shoes and simple but classy handbags. I guess I forgot about huge sunhats and fake fur accessories in plenty. This was her Spring/ Summer 2011 collection that she presented as a part of Milan Fashion Week.
In contrast to Prada Fall/ Winter 2010/ 2011 collection (see Prada Fall/ Winter 2010/ 2011 ad campaign) that seemed granny-like to me, the new Spring/ Summer 2011 one is much fresher and more youthful. We see neon hues playing with elaborate cartoonish prints, bold flesh-exposing designs combined with strictly official minimalistic ensembles, and lots of fun derived from unusual shoes and chic colored fur tails.
I like the collection very much. It reminds me of my teen years when I pulled on various clothing pieces that at first sight seemed absolutely incompatible but when together and assembled right gave that pretty exravagant and sophisticated look I was always proud of. But Prada is Prada and even now being a smarter lady I feel I still can wear such pieces, designer pieces actually.
- 21/05/2011 01:54 - Fornarina Clothing
- 21/05/2011 01:49 - Closed Denim Clothing
- 21/05/2011 01:42 - Miss Sixty Jeans 2011
- 19/05/2011 05:00 - Milan Fashion Week: Roberto Cavalli Spring/ Summer 2011 - Blog Fashion
- 19/05/2011 03:04 - Miilan Fashion Week: Alberta Ferretti Spring/ Summer 2011
- 19/05/2011 02:34 - Fashion Viktor & Rolf Summer 2011 - Viktor & Rolf Collection
- 19/05/2011 02:15 - Blog Fashion Versace - Donatella Versace Summer 2011
- 19/05/2011 01:55 - Fashion Gucci 2011, Gucci Collection 2011
- 10/05/2011 17:05 - CJ Super Race 2011 And G.NA on Sure Magazine
- 10/05/2011 16:58 - Blog Model P&I 2011 - Blog Model 2011