Taking a peek at the Matalan spring/summer 2011 lookbook, it's impossible not to feel bewitched by the amazing '50s and '60s-inspired dresses and the '70s jumpsuits. Fresh and feminine, the latest line of the highstreet chain is captivating through the explosion of prints and stripes, flirty, cute designs, but also crisp white and the old faithful denim.
Floral prints represent one specific detail able to communicate a powerful message through their amazing optic capacity. They are sweet and fun, yet they require a certain attitude and boldness in order to wear them properly. The Matalan spring/summer 2011 collection features a lot of feminine floral printed items that can be worn both for a casual, daytime event, but also for a formal one that needs something more elegant. Mixed with brights or neutrals, flowers are so lovely as long as you choose them based on your body type and the accessories you are wearing.
Whoever said that long dresses and skirts are less feminine than their shorter versions hadn't seen the Matalan collection for spring/summer 2011. Colorful and ground-skimming, flowing maxi gowns and skirts gorgeously embrace the silhouette, exuding maximum femininity in a romantic way. Worn with flat or platform sandals, maxi is without any doubt a chic, bohemian summer choice. You just need the appropriate accessories such as a sweet hat and a handbag in order to complete your look.
As we have seen, this season is all about delicacy, lacy and silky pieces. And if you want something pretty, ruffles are the ultimate detail able to scream femininity and sweetness. However, if you are not so much into the already famous candid floral prints, there is the strident, wild side with daring animal prints and different graphic patterns seen especially on short dresses and jumpsuits. These are a powerful element into our wardrobe among so many adorable things and can also be found in the Matalan collection.
- 01/05/2011 21:31 - fashion with Red Valentino Blog Fashion
- 01/05/2011 21:26 - Dolce & Gabbana for Spring Summer 2011
- 01/05/2011 21:00 - New Look Spring/Summer 2011 Collection Fashion Summer
- 01/05/2011 20:50 - Elie Saab Summer 2011 Collection -Blog Fashion
- 01/05/2011 20:40 - H&M By Night 2011 Collection Fashion H&M 2011
- 01/05/2011 20:23 - H&M By Night Collection - Blog Fashion 2011
- 01/05/2011 20:05 - Fashion Summer 2011 Maxi Dress Trend
- 01/05/2011 19:59 - Topshop Dress Up 2011 Blog Fashion 2011
- 01/05/2011 19:50 - Rachel Antonoff Spring/Summer 2011 Lookbook
- 01/05/2011 19:23 - Fashion Summer 2011 Fashion Trends Blog Fashion 2011